Thursday, April 23, 2009

Chicken Soup for a cold day

Our weather has turned very cold overnight literally. Its unreal, on Tuesday night we sat outside till dark and had a braai chatting over a glass of wine and then next morning its cold, just like that. That means its time for Soup, the minute it turns cold my first thoughts for dinner is always soup. This is what I made, I took out my slow cooker. Placed in two jugs of cold water and stired in a packet of Mushroom soup mix (PicknPay own make), we had chicken left over from the night before, my hubby took the meat that was left off the chicken discarded the bones as they were very little and then popped the chicken into the slow cooker. then I popped a pot on the stove and added patato's which I had peeled and cut into chunks, peeded carrots cut into rounds, leaks and turnip cut into chunks, added a chicken stock cube to the pot and boiled for about 10 minutes just to soften the veggies I than added them to the slow cooker, added black pepper and let them cook all day, by 7pm we had a lovely bowl of soup ready to eat and it was very tasty. Just the right meal for a cold day.

No comments: